c/o Kevin Jermyn; Duke Running Camp
Address: 3017 Bexley Avenue, Durham, NC 27707
Campus Police: (919) 684-2444
Camp Director cell: (919) 949-1726 (EMERGENCY)
Backup EMERGENCY: (802) 249-9051
Camp Director office: (919) 681-6890
- Please make sure your child has a copy of their photo ID or birth certificate when traveling by plane.
- The Raleigh-Durham airport is located 16 miles from Duke University. To set-up transportation to/from Duke University (Wallace Wade Stadium), contact Charlene’s Safe Ride (800-835-8053 or 919-309-7233) or other private shuttle services. The Duke Running Camp does not provide transportation to/from campus.
The health form must be completed and brought to camp check-in. CAMPERS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED WITHOUT THIS FORM. (Note: Health form requires doctor’s signature).
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Camp will contact parent/guardian in case of emergency. Health services are available through the Duke University Hospital.
- Drugs, alcoholic beverages and cigarettes are strictly forbidden and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for immediate dismissal from camp without refund or credit.
- We recommend $50 a week for spending money.
- Please do NOT bring a pre-written check.
- Most campers will stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests.
- If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so by July 19th. After that, the request can’t be guaranteed.
- If you don’t have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Campers are under constant supervision as coaches/counselors live with them while they are at camp.
ROOM KEY DEPOSIT
Duke University requires a room key deposit of $100. Please bring a check made out to “Duke Running Camp” for that amount and we will hold it for you until your key is returned in good condition.
AUTOMOBILES ON CAMPUS
ALL vehicles driven to camp and retained during camp must be registered at check-in (a parking fee is required.). ALL keys to these vehicles must be turned into the Camp Director.